Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
April 11, 2009
Image Size
1.1 MB
Resolution
2550×3510
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
1,837
Favourites
15 (who?)
Comments
13
Downloads
59
×
Freemond by KyuubiNight Freemond by KyuubiNight
The race of Chimera-people. They never quit or surrender. They have tails that are powerful. They are well-known for their great monuments and canals. They have an affinity for jungles. They are exceptionally good at transmutation. They keep their promises - even if it means death. They are extremely kind. Their government is a representative democracy. They worship a single hermaphroditic deity who works with a host of created sub-deities that are also worshiped - this deity in turn has a nemesis responsible for evil in the world. They control a rich country that is the site of a lost civilization. A great destiny awaits them, yet they know it not.

This is for a contest on Seventh Sanctum.

The Nata:
As seen the short fly-by above, The Nata are peaceful and curious race of Chimeras.

Their country:

Navarei is a fairly good sized country that is very weathy from both hydroelectric energy production and undersea mining. The Nata are the majority of the population(96.9%) The other 3.1% is a mix of humans and merpeople. The capital city is Arroz, a huge and sprawling city with a tall crystal spire as its centerpiece. There are tall mountains to the north and coastline to the south. Arroz is right on the coast, on the southwestern corner. Other major cities are Kambala, Etsuia , Iron City, and Center.

Designation: Natanese(The Nata) Cakato(Natanese for "different friends, identifies humans and merpeople.)

Flag: Is pure electric blue with a green snake coiling a tribal sun at its center.

Anthem: "Cara to ultimantummi" (Which is always strangely played a happy dance beat, foreigners are often baffled by this.)

National Spectator sport: Natanese Football, its just like American football but with differences(like pools of water and audience participation.)

Geography: Navarei is a mostly coastal country with high mountains in the north. A deep jungle fills the east half while the west half is rocky vine-forests. Most Natanese live on the coasts and in cities. (Navarei would be the size of South Africa).

Major industries: Underwater mining, dam-building, lumber, seafood.
Culture

Natanese and Cakoto culture is a true blending of east and west. Cuisine is mostly ocean-based.

Heart-held values: peace, love, happiness, success, children, "going green"

Taboos: Hate, discrimination, lies, pollution

--------
The Natanese shown here is Freemond Dignitart, a computer whiz and part-time pet finder.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconcoolclaytony:
coolclaytony Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2012
They look so imposing yet anyone who looks at their might call them "silly".
Reply
:iconkyuubinight:
KyuubiNight Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, their design was meant to reflect their nature. Nata are big and whatnot, but their a more pacifistic nature.
Reply
:iconcoolclaytony:
coolclaytony Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2012
Oh Im sorry, I forgot to type the part where I said in my head. I love these guys!
Reply
:iconkyuubinight:
KyuubiNight Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Is that sarcasm or genuine?
Reply
:iconcoolclaytony:
coolclaytony Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2012
I ment it to be genuine.
Reply
:iconkyuubinight:
KyuubiNight Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, thanks for the feedback!
Reply
:iconcoolclaytony:
coolclaytony Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2012
Welcome.
Reply
:icon42millones:
42millones Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
the wings are fantastic!!!

:thumbsup:
Reply
:iconkyuubinight:
KyuubiNight Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2009  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks!
Reply
:iconjamjamstyle:
jamjamstyle Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2009
I can c you work hard on these pictures, especially when i observe your color use and the way you shade the skin and the wings is very creative done. Anyway good job :)
Reply
Add a Comment: